4.06.2015

SPRING BREAK.

So actually, BYU doesn't have spring break. That phrase has been foreign to me these past four years. However, my husband's school DOES have a spring break. Granted, his spring break falls rather late in the year, but he still has one. We bought plane tickets to Hawaii a few weeks ago for my graduation trip, but I've been so sad because I've been craving Disneyland for the past eight months. As a sidenote, I do love Hawaii. And I'm so excited to go! I just happen to be blessed with grandparents who just happen to live in Hawaii and California, so I guess I don't understand what it's like to have never been to Hawaii. Does that make sense? Anyways, I'm getting sidetracked. The point of this is that I love Disneyland and California so much that I wished I could go to BOTH Disneyland AND Hawaii for graduation, but there isn't enough time between the end of school and the start of my new job. Which is where the spring break comes in! I decided that since I'm a senior and since B's and C's get degrees, I would give myself a spring break the same time as my husband.  Also, I just like saying C's get degrees. So here we are in California! And here are some fun pics. 
 This is Brady and I's cute niece Shayla! She's Brady's oldest brother Michael's (and sister-in-law Camie's) daughter. They live in St. George, so we stopped and stayed the night with them on the way down to California. We LOVE Shayla! She is the sweetest little girl. We love Michael and Camie too hehe. My favorite thing was this weekend when we were driving to get frozen custard at Nielsen's Frozen Custard (which was DEE-LISH) she begged me to sit by her, and the whole time she just held my hand. And then randomly when the grown-ups were talking and she didn't feel as though she was getting adequate attention, she would yell out "I LOVE YOU SIERRA!" It was so cute. I love her. We got to see her do a cute little neighborhood Easter egg hunt, and then we went to breakfast at this super cool diner called Jazzy Java. I'm kicking myself for not taking pictures of all the food we got—note to self: start being that person who takes pictures of every meal. I got a veggie omelette, Brady got this thing called "The Pile" (hashbrowns, sunny side up egg, gravy), and the St. George Thomases got a smoothie. It was a super cool place! Brady and I have come to the conclusion that we're kind of obsessed with St. George.
Today was Easter Sunday and also General Conference. It was so nice to have them both fall on the same Sunday, and it was also nice to be able to go to the beach in between sessions. hehe :) My cute grandparents got Brady and me our favorite Easter candies (Brady loves all things choco+pb, I LOVE choco+mallows), and my grandma also made the most dee-lish German Chocolate Cake. I should put the recipe on here sometime. It's to die for, which is obvious because it's already half gone. 
 So, since it's Sunday, we decided to go for a drive to see the Temple! Sometimes Siri doesn't pull through, and she ends up taking us to the middle of nowhere. It was cool though, because we were driving through some random part of LA when all of a sudden we see this beautiful temple popping up out of the buildings. I had to get a picture of it from far away! This is my favorite temple. Ever. 
So we then proceeded to take tons and tons of pictures of the temple. I mean how could you not though? It's unreal. 
I think the reason I'm so obsessed with it though is because I used to be obsessed with watching my parents' wedding video when I was little. They got married in this temple, and I loved watching them come out of these doors. So I made Brady go stand by those doors so I could get a pic. 
 And then I took a pic in front of it. I look like a string bean. Hashtag tall and skinny probs.
 And then another pic of Brady. 
 And then it sort of turned into a photoshoot. Oh well, I'm not mad about it.
Brady: "Si, come stand by this palm tree. I need to take a picture of you by your native plant." (Because I'm Hawaiian.) Weirdo.

I know this is a long post, but a lot has happened! Bear with me. After this, we went and drove around Hollywood; we took Santa Monica Blvd to get to Beverly Hills, went and drove around the insanely beautiful Beverly Hills neighborhoods, saw insane cars, drove down Sunset Blvd, and then Brady saw the Hollywood sign for the first time! From a distance though. So here I am with my 22 years of experience visiting California every summer, and all of a sudden I think I'm some sort of pro tour guide. I say to Brady, "If you want to get a really good view of the Hollywood sign, I need to take you to this park!" Anyways, remember how Siri is having some major problems lately? She took us to the complete backside of the Hollywood sign to some Equestrian campground type thing. It was so confusing. It might actually be because I don't actually know the name of the park or where it is or if it's even a park, but I'm still blaming it on Siri. Sorry girlfriend. 

We somehow ended up somewhere near Universal Studios, and long story short, we then somehow ended up in line to the Universal Studios parking garage. A one-way parking garage. A parking garage that had a line of 5 cars behind us. A parking garage with no exit in sight. A parking garage that charged $10 for parking. We were trapped. So we just decided to give in and walk around Universal City. Which I'm really glad we did, because it was super fun! Here's the last of the pictures. I swear my next posts won't be this long. Hopefully. Why am I so self conscious about these? Oh well, whatever. 
The Universal City boardwalk (the area right outside of the actual Universal Studios) was a poppin place. We took turns snapping pics of each other, like typical tourists of course. 
 So obviously, we don't mind taking the individual pictures of each other. I think I have some sort of phobia of asking people to take my pics because in London, all my friends and I did was ask people to take our pictures. And I always hated it. And plus, I didn't want anyone to run off with our new fancy cam. I also didn't want the awkwardness of asking them to take a picture with our fancy cam, and then have them not know how to use it. Or the picture turns out super blurry, which would mean all that hard work of asking someone for nothing.
 So we took more selfies. Notice that we were both still in our conference clothes: aka basketball shorts and baggy shirts. I went the whole day sans-makeup and hoop earrings. The makeup part I'm fine with, the hoop earring part not so much. 
 Finally, this group of tourists asked us if we could take their picture for them. I like those people who ask us first, so then it's basically a given that they have to take our picture after. Plus, it gave me time to size up the competition. Aka, if they ran off with my camera, I had to make sure that I was confident enough in myself to outrun them and take them down. hehe
 OKAY.
I NEEEEEED to talk about Wetzel's Pretzels for a second. WETZEL'S PRETZELS ARE MY FAVORITE PRETZELS IN THE WHOLE WORLD. Okay there, I talked about them. Hehe, but seriously, Brady and I are obsessed with them. We had them on our honeymoon at Disneyland *sigh* and we have not stopped talking about them since. They don't have them ANYWHERE in Utah, so I've been dying to come back to California and have some more. I about died when I saw it here.
 Brady got baby Wetzel bites, and I got a cinnamon pretzels. Until next time Wetzel, baby. 
XOXO

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You did so much in so little time! Impressive! Also I never did eat a Wetzel:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are my comments showing up under Brady's name? This is Karen

    ReplyDelete